- Information about about County Operations.
- Social distancing and minimizing travel can have a major impact in delaying the epidemic. Dane County is encouraging people to conduct business with County Departments via phone and email, where possible. Using prevention, we can slow the spread of the disease and protect the most vulnerable.
- Please monitor Public Health Madison & Dane County’s website (https://www.publichealthmdc.com/health-services/partners-providers/resources-by-disease/coronavirus) for more information.
- If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider for medical advice.
With a proud history of over 175 years of service, the Dane County Sheriff's Office is looking for strong women and men of diverse backgrounds to join our team. We are a community based Law Enforcement agency of over 450 sworn staff and over 100 non-sworn staff.
We are excited to share our recruitment video with you. Is it time for you to join TEAM DANE?
The department is broken into 4 major divisions, each is headed by a Division Captain.
Administrative Services (Personnel and Training) includes all Administrative functions such as employee issues, training, budget, procurement and payment of equipment and supplies, scheduling and payroll.
Field Services (Patrol and Detectives) includes most of the traditional law enforcment functions of the Sheriffs office; Patrol, Investigative Services, Dane County Regional Airport security and Marine and Trail Enforcement Bureau, Freeway Service patrol, traffic team and contract policing.
Security Services (Jail) oversees the jail, which consists of three facilities and our Jail Diversion programs.
Support Services oversees the Bailiffs, court house security, civil process, foreclosure sales, records and equipment/supplies.
Deputies may also be selected to be a member of a specialized team. These teams are in addition to your daily assignment and require specialized training and dedication. Some of the specialized teams are as follows:
- TRT - Tactical Response Team (special weapons and tactics)
- HDU- Hazardous Devices Unit
- SET- Special Events Team (crowd control)
- K-9 Unit
- Dive Team
- Crisis Negotiation Team
- Honor Guard
- SAW Team (in Security Services)
- Crash Reconstruction Team