Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in social work from a program accredited or reaccredited by the Council on Social Work Education, or a Bachelor's degree in a field other than social work and possession of any of the State of Wisconsin social worker certifications (temporary certification will be accepted).
- Experience with the criminal justice system is preferred.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and skill in the application of Social Work ethics, theories, and practices.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of persons and institutions including ethnic minorities.
- Ability to express ideas clearly orally and in writing.
- Those having accredited or pre-accredited social work degrees must-have, as of the date of hire, possession of any of the State of Wisconsin social worker certifications (those with temporary certification must obtain regular certification prior to the expirations of their temporary certification).
- Must have possession or eligibility for a Wisconsin driver's license and access to reliable personal motor vehicle transportation.
View current postings on the Dane County Jobs website.
Dane County is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.